The Armed Republic of NeoConcordia is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.604 billion NeoConcordians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carcosa. The average income tax rate is 68.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse NeoConcordian economy, worth 224 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 139,998 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, adults have never outgrown their fear of monsters, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate, and the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. NeoConcordia's national animal is the Vorpal Bunny, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NeoConcordia was endorsed by The Free Land of BootJack.
- : NeoConcordia lost the endorsement of The Free Land of BootJack.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, adults have never outgrown their fear of monsters.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : NeoConcordia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- : NeoConcordia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : NeoConcordia was endorsed by The Dazzling Glory of Land Without Shrimp.
Endorsements Received: 67 » Tsunamy, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Luddinlande, Volaworand, Paranoia, Violent Peacenicks, Aumeltopia, UnShleepd, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Elveka, Jaxon, Aguatania, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, The National Corporation, Kringalia, Aywhyou, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Quiescent, Barabarom, Tsvetania, Grouu, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Lambdaland, Sedunn, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Jehenna, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Maletora, Akindom, North Prarie, Jahass, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Sesteran, Qawe, Mew Nation, Pays de Loire, and 17 others.Roavin, Ostanasia, Amerion, Wild Space, The Solar System Scope, Great Africans, Doomen, Phanama, Choodox, PenguinPies, United Federated States of Omega, Ariankido, Rabbitz, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Untied Provinces of Atlantica, Land Without Shrimp, and BootJack.