The Armed Republic of NeoConcordia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its enslaved workforce, parental licensing program, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.677 billion NeoConcordians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carcosa. The average income tax rate is 43.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse NeoConcordian economy, worth 668 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 181,895 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, students everywhere have been despairing after the recent ban on video games, obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals, and the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. NeoConcordia's national animal is the Vorpal Bunny, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, students everywhere have been despairing after the recent ban on video games.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, spies caught in NeoConcordia are never heard from again.
- : NeoConcordia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, the government has repealed elections for fear of 'mob rule'.
- : NeoConcordia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, shanty towns of homeless immigrants are the ideal recruiting ground for terrorist organisations.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, Leader's new socialist government gets its policy advice from teenagers.
Endorsements Received: 102 » Tsunamy, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Luddinlande, Volaworand, Aumeltopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Aguatania, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Kringalia, Aywhyou, Isokenzar, Barabarom, Tsvetania, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Lambdaland, Sedunn, Jehenna, Nankyoku Tairiku, The Filippinas, Wehraboos, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Sesteran, Amerion, The Solar System Scope, Phanama, PenguinPies, Rabbitz, Land Without Shrimp, Hanguk-Nippon, Aurcania, New Briantown, Imperial Duck, Xandev, Qvait, Mapico, Empa Aserium, Direwolf1, Qawe, Bear Connors Paradiso, Tilipria, Astraee, Jaxon, Cohors Stercore, and 52 others.Madreia, Nueva Alta California, Bleakfoot, Isles of Creckero, Curlyhoward, Bizzie, Bawkie, Techganet, Tepertopia, Terran Draconia, Tarnik, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Weburya, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Roterdamia, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Melicorium, Ebonhand, Holy Free, Eggraria, Merevane, Virmena, Baltenlands, Marinho Islands, Starsight, Gnofnordclancedenilland, Shefino, NganXuan, Springhollow, Compli, Auphelia, The Worst army of, Nova Kobol, Matak Tribes, Laamiva, Nouvel-Indre, Corgitopiaa, ChickenDome, Well F, Rhetiaa, United States of Vietnam, Vincent Field, Purple Hyacinth, Briteannia, Ovkianos, Belschaft, Myness, Midand, Andinla, Efferalt, and Concrete Slab.