The Republic of Scent of Night is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 4.149 billion Scent of Nightians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 35.0%.
The large but inefficient Scent of Nightian economy, worth 175 trillion pesos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,203 pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, the people consider response to rudeness to be an acceptable casus belli, criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison, and an epidemic of unpopped kernels causes movie goers to gnash their teeth. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scent of Night's national animal is the penguin.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scent of Night's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Scent of Night's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Scent of Night's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Scent of Night's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Scent of Night resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Scent of Night relocated from PNUfFuW to Artificial Solar System.
- : Scent of Night's influence in PNUfFuW rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Scent of Night was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Scent of Night was endorsed by The People's Republic of MNA 5th Infantry Regiment.
- : Scent of Night was endorsed by The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 96.