The Commonwealth of Tierra de Platanos is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 390 million platanoes hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amarillo. The average income tax rate is 62.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Platanosian economy, worth 24.2 trillion Oroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 62,033 Oroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours, hospitals have poor data security but send lots of bodies to be encrypted, and years of counter-terrorism planning are foiled by small details. Crime is totally unknown. Tierra de Platanos's national animal is the Fruit Bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tierra de Platanos was endorsed by The Danorepka of Ria Reavi.
- : Tierra de Platanos was endorsed by The Trading Card Nation of Dorab.
- : Tierra de Platanos was endorsed by The Rebel Collective of PYT.
- : Tierra de Platanos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Tierra de Platanos, years of counter-terrorism planning are foiled by small details.
- : Tierra de Platanos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Following new legislation in Tierra de Platanos, hospitals have poor data security but send lots of bodies to be encrypted.
- : Following new legislation in Tierra de Platanos, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours.
- : Tierra de Platanos was endorsed by The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : Following new legislation in Tierra de Platanos, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
Endorsements Received: 109 » United States of Island land, Namakan, The Galactic American Imperium, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Krystalveil, Silvedania, Janraiqlux, Makykay, Valentian Elysium, The Fortem, Galimania, Killettland, Keswickholt, Tausend Seen, New Terrasol, Vivolkha, Lentkenshield, El Rio De Juan, Drewish, Geolapo, Amabanana, Maconshinbernititte, Eppur, Solsevara, The Soylent Green Party, Kingdom of New Berlin, Kaltovar, Ner Epiand, Wischland, Better Indonesia, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, Liberdon, Selu-Ahare, Wysrod, Mastodonia, Zeganas, Chip Skylark, DetroitSmash, Clialaad, Testa, Marroc, Gewisse, Tzo, Old Atlantica, Marxist Germany, Northern Nivaria, Dustwind, Creeptopia, Bradmarkers, The African Emirates, and 59 others.Seantonia, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Zyrcrestia, Isentran, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Ali Faridi, Vest Choslayance, Juiulia, Ardelenia, Mauryana, Lower Phlebacite, Colonel Terrosit, Palman, Dovant, Eist, Anisopterra, Valtavi, QuazaFire, Tbone Steak, Cakasia, The Republic of Osea, Tangora, Anollasia, Katitania, Locano, The Snake Brotherhood, Horacellum, Samonaemia, New Kowloon Bay, Onfande, Terra Royaume, Pogthebravelandia, Conikslan, City of Saint Nicolas, Tharalian Union, ANCAPISTANZA, The Indian Royalty, Greenmont Federation, Grungerock, Zopciria, Girls Who Say Bruh, Batona, Kachikawawa, Capea, Lacuna, Danyl, Nibi Naabe, Northern African Sahara, Pianaville, Maalemzya, Creightland, Thingvelir, Aurorastar, Alemputo, Venmere, Ignis Cinere, PYT, Dorab, and Ria Reavi.