The Armed Republic of Vaz Valdez is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 415 million Vaz Valdezians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Vaz Valdezian economy, worth 19.3 trillion Marks a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 46,577 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion, and turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vaz Valdez's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vaz Valdez, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Vaz Valdez was endorsed by The Federation of U S Eh.
- : Vaz Valdez was endorsed by The United Republics of Moubarakistan.
- : Following new legislation in Vaz Valdez, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion.
- : Vaz Valdez was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Buckhem.
- : Vaz Valdez was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Andexia.
- : Following new legislation in Vaz Valdez, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Following new legislation in Vaz Valdez, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend.
- : Following new legislation in Vaz Valdez, cheap textbooks have replaced coasters at college ragers.
- : Following new legislation in Vaz Valdez, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Ethnon, Great Bights Mum, Yaorozu, Guer Aike, Valentine Z, Selfgradatude, Notyoutopia, Interdimensional Zone, The Serdey Islands, Sikol, Serendipita Martia, Daiz, Corfad, The Rhein States, El Fiji Grande, Siwale, Castle Federation, Fauzjhia, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, New Lakemba, Orado, Pazair, McMasterdonia, Empy, Fayyayid, Wineclaw, Hamerica, Noahs Second Country, Omnistria, Loutsland, Ihese, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Dabarastan, Frostcell, Mesopotama, Maott, Koda-Land, Praeceps, Pallaith, Saperisole, Dar es Saalam, The Pantheons, Aeolist, Zeternia, Sundred, Zzozona, 1 very fast endotarter, Seenvorland, Dreadton, and 65 others.Westinor, Xagill, PortvgaI, Xentherida, Sunto, Iztocna Slavija, North Bratislava, Sil Dorsett, SherpDaWerp in TNP, Hoglands, The Iron Lions, Korovan Isles, Wisconsota, Frances Francis the First of France, Veast, Valhalla123, Plutayah, Confederacy of Antarctica, The Tampa Bay Rays, Zumlandia, Palgo, Former English Colony, I Like Killing people, Prydania, Libertania Democratica, Kocherian, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Kranostav, Unshleepd, Borsukia, Lionia, The Calabash Protectorate, Clan Spaniel, Fendlium, Seanat, Yokciq Empire, Brucklania, Newpromisedland, Arichia, Schnuftelland, Joodey, Ravendi, Highton Islands, New Jamgra, Damsmel, Unimaginable Doom, Shadowrik, PotatoFarmers, The New Cordian Empire, Xyrron, Abject Ludicrosity, Madjack, Ihsan, Principia Mathematica, Xipher, Kragsgale, Simone Republic, Amerian States, Astal Aavors, Illusia and Neverendia, Ultra777, Andexia, Buckhem, Moubarakistan, and U S Eh.