The Communist Democracy of Xedinous is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Xedinousian Council with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, soft-spoken computers, and national health service. The hard-nosed population of 11.522 billion Xedinousians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xedusion. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Xedinousian economy, worth a remarkable 2,616 trillion Imperial Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 227,111 Imperial Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Exorbitant spending on icebreakers breaks the ice at every budget meeting, the police force is rumoured to be made up of evil shadows with no souls, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and the military is recruiting war criminals to join its weapons research teams. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Xedinous's national animal is the Megalogon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xedinous was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Xedinous voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Xedinous was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Xedinous voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Criminal Protocol".
- : Xedinous voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Xedinous voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the employed".
- : Xedinous voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
- : Xedinous was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Xedinous was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Xedinous was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.