The Dominion of Zulkyda is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.658 billion Kydas are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 63.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Kydanian economy, worth 46.0 trillion riowas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Retail, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 27,736 riowas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All guns must be registered, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, there'll be no comeback tour for many former boy bands, and anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zulkyda's national animal is the monitor lizard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zulkyda's influence in Forest rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zulkyda's influence in Forest rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zulkyda relocated from Balder to Forest.
- : Zulkyda's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zulkyda's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zulkyda's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zulkyda was refounded in Balder.
- : Zulkyda ceased to exist in Forest.
- : Zulkyda's influence in Forest rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Zulkyda was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The Beretta M1934 Cure Bullets of Yuumura Kirika, curing 1 million infected.