The Wizarding World of Avonhead is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Luna Lovegood with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.195 billion Avonwards are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christchurch. The average income tax rate is 87.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Avewardian economy, worth a remarkable 1,095 trillion Gallions a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 82,999 Gallions, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The only women behind bars are barmaids, political candidates recite daily pledges of loyalty to their chosen party, wildlife have trouble navigating the electric fences surrounding national forests, and it's never "just a game" with Avewardian sports fans. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avonhead's national animal is the Kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Kingdom of Lakalvesoman.
- : Avonhead voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, it's never "just a game" with Avewardian sports fans.
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, wildlife have trouble navigating the electric fences surrounding national forests.
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, political candidates recite daily pledges of loyalty to their chosen party.
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Federal Republic of The Pacific Ocean Islands.
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Republic of Great Africans.
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Dominion of Wild Space.
- : Avonhead voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, the only women behind bars are barmaids.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Tsunamy, Pamela And Hepatitis, Curlyhoward, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, Quiescent, Belschaft, Kringalia, Farengeto, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Luddinlande, Linguiniland, Wyatonians, Darakin, Hanguk-Nippon, Freedwanda, Aywhyou, United States of Vietnam, La Ascension, Escevola, Volaworand, Sedunn, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Lotadia, Concrete Slab, Jaxon, New Briantown, Hasilberg, Aumeltopia, Lambdaland, Tsvetania, Beepee, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Paranoia, UnShleepd, Silberne Wache, European Defense Organization, The National Corporation, Macrothea, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, Noveos, Elveka, Abarri, and 32 others.Vincent Field, Kandorith, Xandev, Grouu, Auphelia, Kroumos, Midand, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Maletora, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Staubsaugen, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, The Dragon Enclave, Akindom, Dasko, New Lousara, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Chocholand, Mew Nation, Roavin, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, The Pacific Ocean Islands, and Lakalvesoman.