The Republic of Deblar is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, otherworldly petting zoo, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 378 million Deblarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Administration, with Welfare, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Gregory. The average income tax rate is 82.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Deblarian economy, worth 20.3 trillion Deblarian Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,661 Deblarian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and there's never a spare chair in the retirement home. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deblar's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Deblar, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home.
- : Deblar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Deblar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Following new legislation in Deblar, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles.
- : Following new legislation in Deblar, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Following new legislation in Deblar, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason.
- : Following new legislation in Deblar, large sections of Deblar have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there.
- : Deblar was endorsed by The Confederacy of Elythrea.
- : Deblar endorsed The Confederacy of Elythrea.
- : Following new legislation in Deblar, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Duby, Socialist Platypus, Charville, Nova Briton, Balan Bar, Pervincia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Primis Tenebris, Kurczak Mielony, Gatorstan, Cle Brait, GreatBritannia, Land of Legacy, Commuba, Stustu, Cyzixraqab, Lislandia, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Aelandi, Xavier The 1, El Blurkistan, Saint Killebrew, Hubdova, Vivenxistan, The Free City of Nelson, Wakaru, Jossel, The Psittacines, Space Nudists, Skoorb, Hockeyyekcoh, Werstonal, BadBitchVille, Clownclub, Suryadweep Islands, GibmeMoney, Free Azell, Gibraltarica, Kursibar, Ciapore, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Hamptoria, Mandarivia, Erithian, Devonigondwana, Oktadonia, Eastern Starbowie, Seolia, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, and 11 others.Untied States of Matter, Cramboria, Redamia, The Orange Microwaves, Covoicotheval, United Cyber Tech, Zuelong, Kliffoj, Great Luirokitanea, Swiss Hommousionopia, and Elythrea.