|Leader||Grand Duke Karl Eduard II|
|Animal||Charles Edward Lemur|
The Grand Duchy of Diogott is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Duke Karl Eduard II with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, avant-garde cinema, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 12.83 billion Diotians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Merano. The average income tax rate is 96.7%.
The enormous but inefficient Diotian economy, worth a remarkable 1,232 trillion kreuzers a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 96,026 kreuzers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government maintains that belief brings greater security than money or a roof, wrongful arrests abound as 'criminals' blame the guy next to them, the new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods", and a popular artist is claiming that a raw steak with a dog turd on it is a portrait of Grand Duke Karl Eduard II. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Diogott's national animal is the Charles Edward Lemur, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Diogott updated the World Factbook entry in Imperial Fatherland.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and the Top 5% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Diogott was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
Endorsements Received: None.