The Retired Daimyo of Hotti is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Kitty with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 26.747 billion Hottians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tokyo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Hottian economy, worth a remarkable 5,464 trillion Yen a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 204,290 Yen, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,873,150 per year while the poor average 2,358, a ratio of 794 to 1.
Oil rigs in winter are heated by contained oil slick fires, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, getting an infected tattoo is considered a rite of passage in Hotti, and the government's official stance on scientific inquiry is 'there's no question so big that it can't be ignored'. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Hotti's national animal is the Fish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Shinto.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Shinobi of The Shadow Warrior granted Border Control authority to Hotti as Daimyo in Feudal Japan.
- : The Shinobi of The Shadow Warrior appointed Hotti as Daimyo with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Feudal Japan.
- : Hotti endorsed The Shinobi of The Shadow Warrior.
- : Hotti was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Hotti applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Hotti was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Hotti's influence in Feudal Japan rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Hotti was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 5% for Most Stationary.
- : Hotti was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Pro-Market.
- : Hotti was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided and the Top 5% for Most Valuable International Artwork.
Endorsements Received: None.