The Salt Mines of Native Tears is a gargantuan, orderly nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 10.796 billion Wardens are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Native Tearsian economy, worth 212 trillion Tears a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 19,661 Tears, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political activists are routinely executed. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Native Tears's national animal is the Griffon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Native Tears's influence in Landia fell from "Hegemony" to "Powerbroker".
- : Native Tears's influence in Landia rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- : Native Tears resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Native Tears became WA Delegate of Landia.
- : Native Tears's influence in Landia rose from "Zero" to "Dominator".
- : Native Tears relocated from The Old Days to Landia.
- : Native Tears relocated from Bloodbender Heaven to The Old Days.
- : Native Tears relocated from Patriotia to Bloodbender Heaven.
- : Native Tears relocated from Artificial Solar System to Patriotia.
- : Native Tears was endorsed by The Colony of Dino4.