|Leader||Grand Poohbah Nurdibashi|
The Omnisapient Neotopia of Nurdia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Poohbah Nurdibashi with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, absence of drug laws, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 31.999 billion Nurdians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Social Policy is also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nurdiopolis. The average income tax rate is 48.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but sluggish Nurdian economy, worth a remarkable 1,406 trillion Groats a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 43,956 Groats, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Large sections of Nurdia have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, nude art is becoming wildly popular, third world countries are rich in "I Love Nurdiopolis" t-shirts, and small towns have started burning historical buildings in hopes of attracting tourists. Crime is totally unknown. Nurdia's national animal is the Megaprawn, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nurdia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Duxburian Union".
- : Nurdia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"".
- : Nurdia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Aurelia".
- : Nurdia agreed to construct embassies between The Atlantic and Meme Stream.
- : Nurdia lodged a message on the Atlantic Regional Message Board.
- : Nurdia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Animal Testing".
- : Nurdia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Atlantic".
- : Nurdia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Amelioration of Maritime Conditions".
- : Nurdia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc"".
- : Nurdia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Grays Harbor".
Endorsements Received: None.