The Holy Empire of Pogaria is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Emmanuel with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, national health service, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 39.027 billion Pogarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominion. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Pogarian economy, worth a remarkable 3,426 trillion kosses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 87,807 kosses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The law says that all Pogarians are created equal no matter how they were created, burning yourself alive is not okay but starving and whipping yourself is fine, the best-of-the-best athletes have been replaced by the best-of-the-mediocre, and the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pogaria's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Truthism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Death Penalty Ban".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Treatment of Prisoners".
- : Pogaria agreed to construct embassies between The Empire and La Plata.
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Singapore no2".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Radio Standards Act".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Verdant Haven".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Collective Bargaining".
- : Pogaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Road Safety"".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Praeceps".
Endorsements Received: None.