The Holy Empire of Pogaria is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Emmanuel with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 37.795 billion Pogarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominion. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Pogarian economy, worth a remarkable 2,528 trillion kosses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 66,892 kosses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, the Pogarian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...", there's a big brother in every prison, and balaclava manufacturers are held criminally culpable for bank heists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pogaria's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Truthism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pogaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Pogaria lost WA Delegate status in The Empire.
- : Pogaria approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Pogaria approved the World Assembly proposal "Regulating Desalination".
Endorsements Received: None.