The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Tree Person with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 34.762 billion Safjians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garfield. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Safjian economy, worth an astonishing 14,105 trillion Ivoxes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 405,775 Ivoxes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, mollycoddled youths run the country, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, and Tree Person has more friends than ever before. Crime is totally unknown. Safj's national animal is the Dodo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Safj, Tree Person has more friends than ever before.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, mollycoddled youths run the country.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Tree Person's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear".
- : Following new legislation in Safj, public parks are littered with cigarette butts.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, sales of pregnancy testing kits are booming.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten.
- : Safj's influence in Texas fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
Endorsements Received: 14 » NewTexas, Trecdom2, Ewing Oil Co, Fort Verden, Gig em Aggies, Tishanda, Studly Penguins, Greater United Texas, Shiggy Donatello, United States of Woodward, Aholz, Darth Kermit, Grays Harbor, and Indian Empire.