The Greater Federation of Zeritae is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Alex Totlinot with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate population of 6.621 billion Zeritaens have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Renaek. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Zeritan economy, worth 755 trillion Derndis a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 114,069 Derndis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Billions of Derndis are spent to take high-quality photos of the Harakell Nebula, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, a generation of children conceived in hell and born in strife is growing up inside government-run care villages, and employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zeritae's national animal is the Harakell, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Tecodianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zeritae's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Zeritae's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Zeritae's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Zeritae lodged a message on the The Graveyard Regional Message Board.
- : Zeritae relocated from Intruders to The Graveyard.
- : Zeritae lodged a message on the Intruders Regional Message Board.
- : Zeritae's influence in Intruders rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Following new legislation in Zeritae, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning.
- : Zeritae changed its national demonym to "Zeritan", its demonym adjective to "Zeritan", and its demonym plural to "Zeritaens".
- : Following new legislation in Zeritae, a generation of children conceived in hell and born in strife is growing up inside government-run care villages.