The Commonwealth of Reactia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Ebenezer Roark with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 6.422 billion Reactites are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rextropolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Reactian economy, worth a remarkable 1,549 trillion Aureuses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 241,301 Aureuses, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 711,147 per year while the poor average 64,427, a ratio of 11.0 to 1.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents, and claiming that "my cousin said it was legal" is a common courtroom defense. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Reactia's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mammonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Reactia, claiming that "my cousin said it was legal" is a common courtroom defense.
- : Following new legislation in Reactia, stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents.
- : Following new legislation in Reactia, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail.
- : Following new legislation in Reactia, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Reactia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Reactia, religious education is a new government priority.
- : Reactia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Reactia, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- : Following new legislation in Reactia, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again.
- : Following new legislation in Reactia, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Rextropolis Times is sold out.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Dawcreek, Zinnea, Andromedian, The Stigyan Triumvirate, Weihbach, Dawsinian, North Russian Republic, Wintermoot, Cozia, The Library of Wan Shi Tong, Sapphiron, Newer Tyga Islands, Ehrenfest, Lattvland, Arindille, New Narag Empire, Nobtialeo, The Greenlandic North, Bel0s, Platinum Skills, Sorali, Bostovania, and Dai Chuan.