The Cure Missiles of Sigma Fistica is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Sigma with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, unlimited-speed roads, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 20.095 billion Sigma Fisticans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Social Policy, although Education, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sigma City. The average income tax rate is 47.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Sigma Fistican economy, worth a remarkable 1,229 trillion Gold Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Book Publishing, Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 61,207 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, the government is giving peace a chance, and prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Sigma Fistica's national animal is the Dracon, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sigma Fistica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Sigma Fistica's influence in Centronia rose from "Powerbroker" to "Superpower".
- : Sigma Fistica's influence in Centronia fell from "Superpower" to "Powerbroker".
- : Sigma Fistica's influence in Centronia rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Sigma Fistica's influence in Centronia rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Sigma Fistica's influence in Centronia rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Sigma Fistica resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Sigma Fistica's influence in Centronia rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Sigma Fistica relocated from Artificial Solar System to Centronia.
- : Sigma Fistica endorsed The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 39.