|Currency||Galactic Standard Credit|
The Stellar Ascendancy of Solariia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Linus Leopold with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 8.304 billion Solariians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Astromis. The average income tax rate is 28.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Solariian economy, worth a remarkable 1,923 trillion Galactic Standard Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 231,670 Galactic Standard Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, vast amounts of energy are expended moving water to hilltop lakes, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, and running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Solariia's national animal is the Pomeranian, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Tenun.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Solariia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Solariia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Solariia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Solariia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Solariia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Solariia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Solariia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Solariia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Red Fleet".
- : Solariia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
- : Solariia approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate Syria".