The Winter Wonder of Westinor is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by advent with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.983 billion Westinorians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ailarvale. The average income tax rate is 96.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Westinorian economy, worth 312 trillion Sparkling Daises a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 157,443 Sparkling Daises, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Devotion to God is only skin-deep, first-time moms are expected to be experienced parents from day one, foreign despots proudly bandstand on Westinorian airwaves, and sections of the police receive paramilitary training. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Westinor's national animal is the Pengu🐧, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, foreign despots proudly bandstand on Westinorian airwaves.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, first-time moms are expected to be experienced parents from day one.
- : Westinor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, devotion to God is only skin-deep.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit.
- : Westinor resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Westinor was endorsed by The Republic of Aquila Islands.