The Federated Union of Yokyo is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Cortard Gamott with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.432 billion Yolks are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Velgrad. The average income tax rate is 69.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Yolkish economy, worth 475 trillion Crowns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 107,297 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hospitals in Yokyo are too busy serving the needs of The North Pacific to see Yolks, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, and gossip magazines have pictures of Cortard Gamott sunbathing on the beach with political rivals. Crime is totally unknown. Yokyo's national animal is the Yolkish Elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yokyo was endorsed by The Republic of Samog.
- : Yokyo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in Yokyo, gossip magazines have pictures of Cortard Gamott sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Yokyo endorsed The Nonsensical Absurdity of Abject Ludicrosity.
- : Yokyo endorsed The Democratic Republic of Kobagia.
- : Yokyo was endorsed by The Nonsensical Absurdity of Abject Ludicrosity.
- : Yokyo was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Kobagia.
- : Following new legislation in Yokyo, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Following new legislation in Yokyo, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Yokyo, hospitals in Yokyo are too busy serving the needs of The North Pacific to see Yolks.
Endorsements Received: 99 » El Fiji Grande, Territorio di Nessuno, Sea Ghost, Alunya, The Rhein States, Corfad, Pallaith, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Black Templares, Peldorn, Omnistria, Loutsland, Trillius, Uganda Knuckles UK, Great Bights Mum, Spartoptia, Fayyayid, Lomjia, Dreadton, Kwaj, North Bratislava, Sunto, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Koda-Land, PlanetPunk, Bayern-Straubing, Notyoutopia, Frances Francis the First of France, Rynion, Kasazzastan, Newpromisedland, Q w e r t y, Ejhsa, Napnomadia, Acrabinnia, Former English Colony, San Xavier, Federation Terra Australis, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Yaorozu, New Pruessen, Dar es Saalam, TurtleButtocks, Moisus, Sil Dorsett, Torakuen, Steampunk Ariel, Sundred, and 49 others.Joodey, Test for a new hope, Egalico, Sheldanada, SchoolHouse Rock, Shadowrik, Wilkshire, Elder Realms, North Altatude, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Shibutani, Valhalla123, Tappan Hills, Ethnon, Ibiscaton, Noahs Second Country, New Bremerton, Castle Federation, Antityranicals, Jasminlandia, Alpinea, 1 very fast endotarter, The Black Cathedral, Wineclaw, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Ikea Rike, Maott, Justanistan, Juggernautilus, Guer Aike, Haor Chall, Constantinolia, Felhaven, Xentherida, Pasargad, United Brazilians states, Soviet Terran, Selfgradatude, Loli County, Holy Oranz, Siwale, Aratani, Zumlandia, Astrind, Babacar, Free Azzaca, Kobagia, Abject Ludicrosity, and Samog.