The Benevolent Dictatorship of Caleban is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Mei Aihara with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 4.937 billion Calebanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Utsunomiya. The average income tax rate is 79.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Calebanian economy, worth 723 trillion Calebanian Yen a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 146,517 Calebanian Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Environmental legislation occurs cyclically, the price of freedom is about half a million Calebanian Yen, the government's foreign policy statements are less threatening than a World Assembly cease-and-desist letter, and 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caleban's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Shinto.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caleban was endorsed by The Supine Socialist Slothland of Maowi.
- : Caleban endorsed The Republic of Androxis.
- : Caleban endorsed The Communist State of Travislavania.
- : Caleban endorsed The Federation of Ipsonasia.
- : Caleban was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Guztavo.
- : Caleban was endorsed by The Republic of Androxis.
- : Caleban was endorsed by The Communist State of Travislavania.
- : Caleban was endorsed by The Federation of Ipsonasia.
- : Caleban was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Caleban, 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Free Rosabell, Brickfield, Pirataria, Estanglia, Zakanda, Eumenides, Aexnidaral, Serpahima, Igueranel, Greatnessity City, Polgaria, Liberepublia, Murden, Poquaoi, Coulthos, Purgitz, United-Marrshmallows, Old Aweic Wirs, Elaeria, Acapais, Arvigiel, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Prosa, Almendron, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, South Eastern Centralia, Dat Countreh, Moldovenia, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Off God Islands, Mutualist American Republics, Twilight Ways, The Democratic Peoples, Sparhawkia, Bolger, Zangc, Clialaad, Terra Potestatem, Volkovica, Chadaria, Fox-Wolf Unions, Desrouleaux, Xuxetu, Emastalia, Saarland-Niederbayern, Lethen, Purple Ruthenia, and 14 others.Chungus World, Ajaccino, Federal Republic of Respondia, The United Peoples of Centrism, Baobab-Bumbaria, Deathfall, Caffeinated, Ikheria, Kingdom of Stargard, New Peoples Empire, Ipsonasia, Travislavania, Androxis, and Maowi.