The Benevolent Dictatorship of Caleban is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Mei Aihara with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and frequent executions. The compassionate, hard-working population of 6.403 billion Calebanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Utsunomiya. The average income tax rate is 83.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Calebanian economy, worth 875 trillion Calebanian Yen a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 136,669 Calebanian Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition, nobody is forced to join the armed forces, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means, and pulling weeds is seen as a threat to national security. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caleban's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Shinto.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caleban was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist and the Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Caleban voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Caleban voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Following new legislation in Caleban, pulling weeds is seen as a threat to national security.
- : Following new legislation in Caleban, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means.
- : Following new legislation in Caleban, nobody is forced to join the armed forces.
- : Caleban endorsed The Kingdom of Ecolaria.
- : Caleban endorsed The Golden Mickey Mouse Republic of Disney Know it Alls.
- : Caleban endorsed The Kingdom of Euperis.
- : Caleban was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ecolaria.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Free Rosabell, Brickfield, Pirataria, Estanglia, Zakanda, Eumenides, Greatnessity City, Polgaria, Liberepublia, Poquaoi, Acapais, Arvigiel, Almendron, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Off God Islands, Mutualist American Republics, Sparhawkia, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Lethen, Purple Ruthenia, Ajaccino, Caffeinated, Kingdom of Stargard, Ipsonasia, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Arnasas, West Wirral, Thurston, Andradus, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Penlopa, Leuxas, New France Republic, Pygania, Corovos, The Democratic Peoples, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Fruitful, Cyberpunk, The Lost Men, Royal Alchemia, and 4 others.Tarkovinia, Euperis, Disney Know it Alls, and Ecolaria.