The Unitary State of Luanmi is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lucian Garrelle with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.944 billion Luanmians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bahelington. The average income tax rate is 89.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Luanmian economy, worth a remarkable 2,065 trillion Ruviales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Book Publishing, Information Technology, Retail, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 159,550 Ruviales, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has declared war on all passing comets, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark, most believe it doesn't hurt to embrace free trade, and when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Luanmi's national animal is the Sambar Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Taoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Luanmi, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
- : Luanmi lodged a message on the Japan Regional Message Board.
- : Luanmi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Luanmi, most believe it doesn't hurt to embrace free trade.
- : Following new legislation in Luanmi, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Luanmi, the nation has declared war on all passing comets.
- : Following new legislation in Luanmi, kindergartners love the free balloons that their schools give them.
- : Following new legislation in Luanmi, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private.
- : Luanmi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Luanmi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
Endorsements Received: None.