The Democratic Republic of Cortlandt Manor is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Boxer with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.714 billion Cortlandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westchester. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The all-consuming Cortlandt Manorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,464 trillion Spennies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 115,153 Spennies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates, every week is blindness awareness week, young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery, and most towns have their President Boxer High School located on President Boxer Street. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cortlandt Manor's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cortlandt Manor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Cortlandt Manor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Following new legislation in Cortlandt Manor, most towns have their President Boxer High School located on President Boxer Street.
- : Following new legislation in Cortlandt Manor, young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery.
- : Following new legislation in Cortlandt Manor, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Cortlandt Manor, translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates.
- : Cortlandt Manor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Cortlandt Manor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Cortlandt Manor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Cortlandt Manor endorsed The First National Republic of Plakoth.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Mousebumples, Voxum Mortalum, Katkasistan, Samuelstani, Elizabeth II Windsor, Akeland, Raghallaigh, Wollastonite, Le Libertia, Benthamania, Spudlandia, Woodleland, Free Rosabell, Almendron, Estanglia, Trackeendy, Arqhua, Liberepublia, Genistan, Brickfield, Corbien, Vlazinova, Pirataria, Purgitz, Yugarritia, Poquaoi, Greatnessity City, Polgaria, Eumenides, Ipsonasia, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Precisely Nothing, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Lethen, Caffeinated, Purple Ruthenia, Utopian Earth, Ajaccino, Thurston, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Gabingston, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, and 31 others.Arnasas, Pakistan 55, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Penlopa, Leuxas, Sablania, New France Republic, Royal Alchemia, Barcelona and Girona, Pygania, P0ptr0pica, Ganud, Pland Adanna, Arrowlandia, The Democratic Peoples, Euramericasia, Waluigi4Smash, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Fruitful, Cyberpunk, Illyrda, Sudmar Island, The Republic of IceIceJay, The Lost Men, Tarkovinia, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, and Ecolaria.