|Leader||Prime Minister Kurt Schmidt|
The Democratic Republic of Libate is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Kurt Schmidt with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, avant-garde cinema, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 21.841 billion Libateans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olland. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Libatean economy, worth a remarkable 2,101 trillion Silver Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 96,209 Silver Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, birth rates have hit an all-time low, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead, and foreign football clubs wave the Libatean flag before every game. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Libate's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Libate, foreign football clubs wave the Libatean flag before every game.
- : Following new legislation in Libate, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead.
- : Libate endorsed The Server-Fighting Sysadmin of The Glorious Hypetrain.
- : Libate was endorsed by The Server-Fighting Sysadmin of The Glorious Hypetrain.
- : Libate was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Libate, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Libate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Libate, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Libate, the legislature keeps promising "more study" of corruption allegations against the parliamentary whip system.
- : Libate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
Endorsements Received: 34 » Duckstan, Kantobliv, Isansland, The German Kaiserliche Union, Stateazar, Druing, Krackovja, Corydo, Saxemburg, Naasiat Nuna, Neo-Arctica, Waroklion, Kongers, The Southeast Earth, Kingdom of Sacento, Drawception, Vastronia, Dusendord, Jdjdjd, The Doge Clan, Fusco, S2p1729, Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro, Asdersland, Prorescia, Blurabling, Spoela, Zion Imperium, Dittiaphos, Lyranna, Northern Blue Star, Olinalism, Unidid Statates, and The Glorious Hypetrain.