WA Delegate (non-executive): The Golden Empire of Breen (elected )
Founder: The Protectorate of Pascala
Last WA Update:
Embassies: CISB Puppet Storage, Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions, Future Earth, International Debating Area, Regionless Nation, Greater Middle East, Novo Brasil, Despotic Europe, Free Coalition of Governments, The Parliamentary Democracy, Gypsy Lands, Hollow Point, New Coalition of Nations, The Dawn of Unity, Libertas, New West Indies, and 7 others.The Democratic Republic, SECFanatics, Minera, United Free States, The Embassy, India, and CISB 2030.
Tags: Capitalist, Casual, Democratic, Free Trade, General Assembly, Independent, Industrial, Libertarian, Map, Medium, National Sovereigntist, Neutral, and 9 others.Past Tech, Regional Government, Role Player, Security Council, Serious, Snarky, Social, Sports, and World Assembly.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Healthiest Citizens in CISB
A measure of the general physical health of citizens in each nation.
As a region, CISB is ranked 2,261st in the world for Healthiest Citizens.
|1.||The Warring States of Valensi||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy Fascists||“Unfazed. Unmatched. Unrelenting.”|
|2.||The Empire of Revistria||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy Fascists||“HAIL to thee, EMPEROR”|
|3.||The United Empire of Home Nation||Father Knows Best State Suspiciously Conservative Democracy||“Home sweet home”|
|4.||The United Savashanist of The Socialist Republic of Saian||Father Knows Best State Suspiciously Conservative Democracy||“Оан, Дефа, Онаро, Эгт, Шега Да Балани.”|
|5.||The République Française of Birmanie||Democratic Socialists Ordinary Caring Intelligent World Citizens||“Fier, patriote et souverain !”|
|6.||The Republic of Cathenna||New York Times Democracy Corporate-Dominated Sham Democracy||“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”|
|7.||The Golden Empire of Breen||Mother Knows Best State Suspiciously Conservative Democracy||“Unity brings about success and prosperity”|
|8.||The Republic of Herrethia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy Fascists||“Let there be Freedom!”|
|9.||The State of Siquijora||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy Fascists||“United do we Stand a Chance”|
|10.||The State of Ammenkis||Democratic Socialists Ordinary Caring Intelligent World Citizens||“There is no power greater than good”|
- : The Golden Empire of Breen created a new regional poll: "Proposed Modifications to the Staatsblad and Landsraad".
- : The Balthorist State of Nogodia added a dispatch.
- : The Warring States of Valensi updated the World Factbook entry.
- : The Lanian Republic of Eastern Waters arrived from Osiris.
- : The Holy Empire of Krodin departed this region for Alvaria.
- : The Golden Empire of Breen updated the World Factbook entry.
- : The Holy Empire of Krodin arrived from Union of Allied States.
- : The Kingdom of Arodinez arrived from The South Pacific.
- : The Empire of TheEmpireOfElsweyr arrived from The Pacific.
- : Shibukawa ceased to exist.
CISB Regional Message Board
Basically, if the vote passes, the title names are up for a vote. You can propose they be changed to "President", "Prime Minister" or whatever you prefer. This is also to set the precedent that these titles can be modified by public vote.
My preference would be "President", "Council", and "State Laws". Anyone else is free to suggest, and we will conduct the vote as we see fit.
I’m up to rename the Statsminister, but to me, the Landsraad and Statsblad will always be that. Also, I wouldn’t mind a change, instead of the already overused title of Prime Minister or President, why not State Minister as a litteral translation. Also also, I’ll be back the 22nd...
It seems to me that the previous poll was a waste of time because it was based on a hastily prepared dispatch that didn't really explain what it was proposing to do.
Some humble thoughts:
(1) Since some people are in favor of changing some names but opposed to changing other names; wouldn't it make sense to run separate votes for each name you propose changing? In other words, one vote for Statsminister, one vote for Landsraad, one vote for Statsblaad? A package-deal vote on amending the constitution to change these names already failed once.
(2) Changing the name "Statsminister" requires a constitutional amendment. Changing the name "Landsraad" requires a constitutional amendment. Changing the name "Statsblaad" does not require a constitutional amendment.
(3) Would it not make sense for the poll to tell voters what the name is being changed to so that people can make a proper choice? In other words, vote on changing Statsminister to Chancellor, or State Minister, or whatever, instead of a poll to change the name without specifying to what? It might affect people's decision making. Many might prefer Chancellor to Statsminister, but might prefer keeping Statsminister rather than changing it to "Grand Imperial Cauliflower Poobah."
(4) Is renaming offices and institutions really the most pressing issue facing CISB right now? It strikes me as a bit like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.