by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Refugia RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Reborn Elven Republic of Sylh Alanor (elected )

Founder: The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most World Assembly Endorsements: 19th Most Valuable International Artwork: 28th Most Nations: 105th+10
Most Compassionate Citizens: 1,103rd Nicest Citizens: 1,216th Best Weather: 1,370th Most Inclusive: 1,390th Most Influential: 1,783rd Most Cheerful Citizens: 1,961st Largest Welfare Programs: 1,989th Most Beautiful Environments: 2,045th Most Cultured: 2,251st Most Eco-Friendly Governments: 2,327th
World Factbook Entry

Refugia is a jarringly stable, ruggedly independent, democratic group of eco-dorks in support of governmental integrity, human rights and unabashed environmentalism. Here, refugees become Refugi and make a better region for this world.

Welcome to our springtime rainshower!


Refugia Revised Statutes LinkOff-Site Forums LinkVote.CalRef Regional Map

Current Events: An RRS referendum on Clerical Reform and Enhanced Autonomy was passed unanimously and added to the Refugia Revised Statutes!

Join the World Assembly and endorse Sylh Alanor. Every endorsement places a complimentary mint in the pocket of someone with bad breath. We can only hope they use it.



Embassies: Forest, The East Pacific, 10000 Islands, The Leftist Assembly, Spiritus, New West Indies, Yggdrasil, Canada, and Meihua.

Tags: Anti-Fascist, Casual, Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Enormous, Fantasy Tech, Featured, Issues Player, LGBT, Liberal, Map, Neutral, and 6 others.Offsite Chat, Pacifist, Regional Government, Social, Trading Cards, and World Assembly.

Regional Power: High

Refugia contains 207 nations, the 105th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Best Weather in Refugia

The following nations were determined to have the best all-round weather.

As a region, Refugia is ranked 1,370th in the world for Best Weather.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Majestic Forest of TypicaLeft-wing Utopia Utopia“healthcare and education for all”
2.The Islands of SamuderaLiberal Democratic Socialists Open-Minded Education State“Jalesveva Jayamahe”
3.The Fanciful Tales of Refuge IsleLeft-wing Utopia Utopia“The Voice of Reason”
4.The Reborn Elven Republic of Sylh AlanorLeft-wing Utopia Utopia“Var'el rosir Se'lah”
5.The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de GlaceDemocratic Socialists Ordinary Caring Intelligent World Citizens“Don't be afraid to dazzle us with your fire”
6.The Celestial Bureaucracy of The Star EnpireNew York Times Democracy Corporate-Dominated Sham Democracy“Equality! Justice! Prosperity!”
7.The Dominion of MelenaveniaNew York Times Democracy Corporate-Dominated Sham Democracy“Division equates death.”
8.The Dominion of ChacapoyaIron Fist Socialists Equality and Tolerance Society“Earth before our Health, Health before our Safety”
9.The Kingdom of NottinghavenCivil Rights Lovefest Brave Progressives“IMPERIUM IN IMPERIO”
10.The Lacking of HumanSanityLeft-Leaning College State Paradise“Vox Populi, Vox Dei”
1234. . .2021»

Regional Happenings

More...

Refugia Regional Message Board

Refugia, I have a question. If you have your arm cut off and replaced with a bionic prosthetic, are you a cyborg?

In this nine thousand paragraph essay, I wil-

I should mention, since it's at vote, that I'm in favour of the current GA repeal regarding voting rights of prisoners. Basically, the existing legislation reserves the right for nations to bar inmates from voting, and the repeal wants that off the books so we can have something that protects that right. It's barebones but pretty straightforward, and there's a decent chance a replacement will pass if it's well done. Not a lot more to say about it.

Refuge Isle wrote:Refugia, I have a question. If you have your arm cut off and replaced with a bionic prosthetic, are you a cyborg?

In this nine thousand paragraph essay, I wil-

It's gotta be atleast 15% of your body mass bionic for you to quality as a cyborg

Junitaki-cho wrote:I should mention, since it's at vote, that I'm in favour of the current GA repeal regarding voting rights of prisoners. Basically, the existing legislation reserves the right for nations to bar inmates from voting, and the repeal wants that off the books so we can have something that protects that right. It's barebones but pretty straightforward, and there's a decent chance a replacement will pass if it's well done. Not a lot more to say about it.

Certainly in the thread, there's a lot less interest in the replacement than there is for the repeal. That being said, I feel there is almost always more interest in a repeal than the replacement, so that's nothing new and definitely doesn't limit the possibility of the replacement going through.

My vote is based off my personal thought that, if you're in a democratic system, it's important to make sure every citizen has the ability to vote. I also couldn't accept any argument in favour of blanket banning incarcerated people from voting, given how unfairly it skews toward minorities and other unprivileged groups. If we all agree that prison feeds heavily into a system of institutionalised racism and classism, then denying people who are in that system the right to vote is inherently disenfranchising people who are already at a massive disadvantage in society. It's a pretty simple moral argument in my eyes.

Anyway, voted for.

Welcome, Pasutmija, Cracked Fire, Tzumik, People who have wings for some reason, Toonn, Kabakwa, Pierresval, Surely not a puppet, and Grij, to Refugia! I hope you all enjoy your stays. If it applies to you, please pay attention to the rest of this message.

Refugia aims to be a friendly, laid-back community, which is open to players of all skill levels. Nations who wish to become more active in the region, however, should consider joining the World Assembly (WA). WA nations are able to vote on international law, and receive exclusive benefits within the region, such as the ability to vote in regional polls and elections, get a spot on Refugia's map, and even run for office when elections come up! If you're interested in joining the WA, check out this article, and make sure to endorse our delegate.

If you'd rather just chill with us, that's perfectly fine as well. We have an offsite forum, as well as frequent discussions on the regional message board (RMB), which everyone is welcome to participate in!

If you have any additional questions about the region or how NationStates works, feel free to leave them here, on the RMB. If you're interested in joining our offsite forum, look for the link at the top of Refugia's World Factbook Entry (the big text box at the top of our regional page).

Once again, I really hope you enjoy your time here, and look forward to seeing more of you soon!

Araine wrote:Welcome, Pasutmija, Cracked Fire, Tzumik, People who have wings for some reason, Toonn, Kabakwa, Pierresval, Surely not a puppet, and Grij, to Refugia! I hope you all enjoy your stays. If it applies to you, please pay attention to the rest of this message.

Refugia aims to be a friendly, laid-back community, which is open to players of all skill levels. Nations who wish to become more active in the region, however, should consider joining the World Assembly (WA). WA nations are able to vote on international law, and receive exclusive benefits within the region, such as the ability to vote in regional polls and elections, get a spot on Refugia's map, and even run for office when elections come up! If you're interested in joining the WA, check out this article, and make sure to endorse our delegate.

If you'd rather just chill with us, that's perfectly fine as well. We have an offsite forum, as well as frequent discussions on the regional message board (RMB), which everyone is welcome to participate in!

If you have any additional questions about the region or how NationStates works, feel free to leave them here, on the RMB. If you're interested in joining our offsite forum, look for the link at the top of Refugia's World Factbook Entry (the big text box at the top of our regional page).

Once again, I really hope you enjoy your time here, and look forward to seeing more of you soon!

yes yes thanks for the warm welcome

Lower French Gregballs wrote:Good Morning Refugia!

Good morning! How are you doing today?

Welcome, Gausea, Tlaria, New Lai Paradise, Refugian New Arathi, and Pai Sho Lo, to Refugia! I hope you all enjoy your stays. If it applies to you, please pay attention to the rest of this message.

Refugia aims to be a friendly, laid-back community, which is open to players of all skill levels. Nations who wish to become more active in the region, however, should consider joining the World Assembly (WA). WA nations are able to vote on international law, and receive exclusive benefits within the region, such as the ability to vote in regional polls and elections, get a spot on Refugia's map, and even run for office when elections come up! If you're interested in joining the WA, check out this article, and make sure to endorse our delegate.

If you'd rather just chill with us, that's perfectly fine as well. We have an offsite forum, as well as frequent discussions on the regional message board (RMB), which everyone is welcome to participate in!

If you have any additional questions about the region or how NationStates works, feel free to leave them here, on the RMB. If you're interested in joining our offsite forum, look for the link at the top of Refugia's World Factbook Entry (the big text box at the top of our regional page).

Once again, I really hope you enjoy your time here, and look forward to seeing more of you soon!

Forum View

Advertisement