|Capital||District of Patricia|
|Leader||Prime Minister Dahlia DuPont|
The Parliamentary Republic of Melenavenia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Dahlia DuPont with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, aversion to nipples, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.55 billion Melenanesians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of District of Patricia. The average income tax rate is 90.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Melenanese economy, worth 179 trillion MDS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 115,848 MDS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, sex changes are routinely performed at Melenavenia's hospitals, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade, and internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Melenavenia's national animal is the polar bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Melenavenia, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Melenavenia, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
- : Following new legislation in Melenavenia, sex changes are routinely performed at Melenavenia's hospitals.
- : Melenavenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Melenavenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Red Fleet".
- : Melenavenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Melenavenia published "Climate of Melenavenia" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Following new legislation in Melenavenia, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Melenavenia, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'.
- : Melenavenia lodged a message on the Refugia Regional Message Board.