The Social Republic of Flaksis is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Syahmana Sailendra with an even hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, compulsory military service, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 6.058 billion Flaksians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jakarta JayaRaya. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Flaksisian economy, worth a remarkable 1,001 trillion Sasaks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 165,373 Sasaks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, customs officials often double as wedding officiants, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Flaksis's national animal is the Dimas, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Dyahmasis.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Flaksis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Flaksis, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Flaksis, customs officials often double as wedding officiants.
- : Following new legislation in Flaksis, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Following new legislation in Flaksis, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back.
- : Flaksis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Flaksis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Flaksis, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?".
- : Following new legislation in Flaksis, the Flaksisian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...".
- : Following new legislation in Flaksis, coat closets are being re-branded as bedrooms.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Erinor, Qvait, Beepee, Tepertopia, Marinho Islands, Kiasu-ism, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Holota, Scu Greinne, PenguinPies, Rebel-topia, Bawkie, Treir, Land Without Shrimp, Crystal Creation, Wehraboos, Ralphburg, Ipugao, Aumeltopia, Purple Hyacinth, Belschaft, Breizlovakia, Ebonhand, Amerion, Herbert Island, Jehenna, Volaworand, Canmore, LadyRebels, Sandaoguo, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Kaoia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, JavaSiege, Aidenfieeld, Farengeto, Kaleidescooptopia, Rhetiaa, Levistian, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Nyxonia, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Solanosco, Danily, and 7 others.Esfalsa, Holy Free, Vicken, The Kies, Anatasha, Northern Estrian Islands, and Osheiga.