The Federal Republic of Slonful is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 5.304 billion Slonfulians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 65.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Slonfulian economy, worth 367 trillion dollars a year, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 69,238 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists, light entertainment isn't dead, and signs stating "You Must be This Tall to Enter" have started appearing outside retirement homes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slonful's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slonful was endorsed by The Kingdom of Grey Haven of Tauraucania.
- : Slonful was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Slonful was endorsed by The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, signs stating "You Must be This Tall to Enter" have started appearing outside retirement homes.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, light entertainment isn't dead.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy.
- : Slonful voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Slonful endorsed The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Slonful was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
Endorsements Received: 67 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Wiranath, United China Nation, Arkantis, VW53Aland, Axdel, Hizuru, Socialist Holy American Empire, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, Kangarawa, Brotherland, Ridann, The United Neo American Union, CopyCato, Libertanny, Freedom Fascists, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Republic of Berzerkistan, Brethren, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, Someseni, La xinga, Matdor, Squid Ruinosa, Evrigenis, Modra, Rainbow Vests, Morrowine, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, A mean old man, Under Sea Desert, Stellar Colonies, Bzux, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Acronis, Coruh, and 17 others.The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Peoples Republic of GG, Staynes, Rage Mage, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Greater New Cassandra, Technocratic Tagalog, Raunch, Rohanland, TM-Jesselton, Filipopol, Santa Dystopia, Barfleur, and Grey Haven of Tauraucania.