The Demokratisk Republikk of Noristoniaka is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by President Olesen with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 818 million Nærvé have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rørvik. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Nærvish economy, worth 70.8 trillion Krøns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 86,585 Krøns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians, being President Olesen has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon, and senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour. Crime is totally unknown. Noristoniaka's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Noristoniaka lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Noristoniaka, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Following new legislation in Noristoniaka, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon.
- : Following new legislation in Noristoniaka, being President Olesen has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Noristoniaka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Noristoniaka, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : Noristoniaka voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Noristoniaka changed its national leader to "President Olesen".
- : Noristoniaka changed its national leader to "President Olsen".
- : Following new legislation in Noristoniaka, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Invernessia, St Scarlett, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Yahlia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Thracia Republic, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Rivierenland, Walfo, Northern German Federation, Elisabethshagen, Saint Domingo, The Champions League, Estellan, North of Americas, Meropis, Ausvelt, Jim the Baptist, Slavonia and Srijem, Destyntine, The Seven Provinces, GanymedEuropa, Irminsulia, Dark Matter, Wombelland, The New Mexican Confederation, The New Nordic Union, Ashckar, Greater Icelandia, Shaor, Abject Ludicrosity, Brakanistan, Francitanie, Owlograd, Viktorias, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Regnum Italiae, Enway, NorthPortugal, BETTER CANADA, Someseni, Trixeland, Estoniia, Kanokla, Anskerdank, The Young Ur, Titoist Yugoslavia, South Whitica, New Roseland, and 29 others.The Templar Papal New State, Leiningerland, Zanexlan, Anglo-Francios, Kyrica, Sloburg, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Old World Order, Uzbek Khan, Valtrona, Eski, Nardin, Apabeossie, The Greater Ununited States, Imperial Kaiserreich Germany, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Olympinus, Mynox, Sybacai, Great Winminster, Continental Social Democrats, Greater Dragunovia, Corsovica, Othenhiem, Ethernetia, New Eestiball, New Rocland, and Bathera.