The Kingdom of Salipia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, triple-decker prams, and public floggings. The quiet, industrious population of 390 million Salipians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 42.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Salipian economy, worth 25.0 trillion Salipian Kroner a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 63,990 Salipian Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The mob and the police have recently had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Salipia's cities due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, glamping Salipians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing, and an eye for an eye leaves Salipia blind. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Salipia's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Salipia was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Salipia was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Salipia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Salipia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Salipia was endorsed by The Holy Blue Free Land of Liberstankonia.
- : Salipia was endorsed by The Artam3vian R3public of Modra.
- : Following new legislation in Salipia, an eye for an eye leaves Salipia blind.
- : Following new legislation in Salipia, ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing.
- : Salipia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Salipia, glamping Salipians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
Endorsements Received: 26 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, Dragons Blood, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Lingu, Pakitsk, Vaskeden, East Malaysia, The Three States of Fortuna, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Eudinity, Stellar Colonies, Rainbow Vests, Evrigenis, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, BuciLand, Modra, Liberstankonia, A mean old man, and The Atlae Isles.