The Too-Well-Hidden Bunker of Podium is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Michael Talberg with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working, humorless population of 4.684 billion Poduminians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eighburn. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Poduminian economy, worth 883 trillion points a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 188,671 points, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The Liberal Progressive and Progressive Liberal parties swear that they have totally different ideologies, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Eighburn, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, and it's been a banner year for local vexillology. Crime is totally unknown. Podium's national animal is the sergal, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Podium, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Eighburn.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, the Liberal Progressive and Progressive Liberal parties swear that they have totally different ideologies.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, international tensions are high as Podium threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, trespassers entering Michael Talberg's office are immediately vaporized.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, a byzantine web of conspiracies and secret alliances must be navigated any time legislation is voted upon.
Endorsements Received: 108 » Giovanniland, Fuentana, Ocheon, Mediobogdum, Pandaland II, BIteland, Nieubasria, Dilber, Fujai, Archonina, Wickedly evil people, Smedlandia, Kittenlicious, Recuecn, Holmani, Kisovec, DiscGolfLand, Gracelantia, IndyCar Racing, Westwind, Mirchusko, Anuubis, Sindria, Psikuta, Ferroia, Greynne, Condonohia, Greg Tucker, Papercuts and Skittles, Shaktirajya, Gryphonian Alliance, Mathematania, Bhang Bhang Duc, The Undivided, Lodiberdade, The First Earth Empire, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Plarland Amex, Kiensu, Hamburg Neo, Cro Magnon, Schantan, Wild lands of Tribe, Isle Royale, Desmosthenes and Burke, Albyion Kingdom, Mackieron, Marina Nova, The Rega, and 58 others.Vlobbania, Svanland, The United Republic of Westend, Matism, Befiehl, Free Radio States, Q The Almighty, Maria, Granducato Toscana, Thyrall, Atheist States of Philippines, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Dreamers for Hope, Nevafornia, Euarsia, Robbinston, Inner Paniumati, Athrid HullHund, Antahbrantahstan, Ingentis Novus, Sensorland, Ostrogothaland, Lynier, Ellcrys, The Anti-Social Socialists, Libterraria, Al-Amanah, Nas Crustium, Av Libertas Vindex, Rajtech, Orson Welles, The divisive isolationists, Volkason, Win Mints, Twisted Duality, Comia Noracon, Willow Gate, Oronia, Leukogeras, Constantinopolisia, Professor thomas, Moriari, Santos-Dominius, New Belia, The Free States of Gotham, The North American Assembly, United Adaikes, Arnic, Akshireuya, Marshalia, Common Good, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Fallgriffin, Fumafuma, Omskin, Aluminum Oxynitride, Glorious Existence, and Champaign.