The Territorial Army of Corbeil is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Victor Fortune with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The hard-nosed population of 24.041 billion Corbeilians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint-Valéry-en-Caux. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 70.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Corbeilian economy, worth a remarkable 2,142 trillion talens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,132 talens, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
For just a few extra talens Corbeilians can get new driving records with their new cars, sanitary products are sold in brown paper at hairdressers' salons, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons, and autumn landscape paintings feature men stripping leaves from bare branches with a vacuum. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Corbeil's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Unitarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Corbeil was endorsed by The Collective Machinery of Free Radio States.
- : Following new legislation in Corbeil, autumn landscape paintings feature men stripping leaves from bare branches with a vacuum.
- : Following new legislation in Corbeil, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Corbeil was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Corbeil, sanitary products are sold in brown paper at hairdressers' salons.
- : Following new legislation in Corbeil, for just a few extra talens Corbeilians can get new driving records with their new cars.
- : Following new legislation in Corbeil, it is quite common for bar patrons to discuss Wittgenstein over cordials and games of backgammon.
- : Corbeil was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Corbeil endorsed The Jolly Nation of United Adaikes.
- : Corbeil was endorsed by The Jolly Nation of United Adaikes.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Cro Magnon, Mediobogdum, Giovanniland, Wickedly evil people, Liberillia, Greg Tucker, Papercuts and Skittles, Westwind, Dilber, IndyCar Racing, Hamburg Neo, Bhang Bhang Duc, Fujai, Mathematania, Forcaforta, Nieubasria, Smedlandia, Gracelantia, Mackieron, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Fuentana, Lodiberdade, Professor thomas, Schantan, Zoran, Wild lands of Tribe, North South Westoria, Atheist States of Philippines, Sensorland, Dictator s, Arifiyyah, Redenya, The North American Assembly, Teralyon, Attanseia, and Free Radio States.