|Leader||the funky badger of greatness|
|Faith||Not so funkyism|
The Mysterious black hole of Roless is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by the funky badger of greatness with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, soft-spoken computers, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 3.201 billion Rolessians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ichasa. The average income tax rate is 69.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rolessian economy, worth 667 trillion Rezzats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 208,644 Rezzats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government tries not to listen to the people unless it absolutely has to, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, produce labels read 'may contain traces of food', and children need to wear helmets and safety harnesses before mounting a carousel horse. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roless's national animal is the Funky badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Not so funkyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Roless, children need to wear helmets and safety harnesses before mounting a carousel horse.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, produce labels read 'may contain traces of food'.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, the government tries not to listen to the people unless it absolutely has to.
- : Roless endorsed The Allied Kingdoms of Atsvea.
- : Roless was endorsed by The Allied Kingdoms of Atsvea.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, a recent political debate came to a quick close once the ruling party decreed it was "just plain silly".
- : Roless voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Roless voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".