The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Scipio with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 29.954 billion Ransites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda, while Defense and Education aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 6,425 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 214,497 Cloyns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials say that if you close your eyes and wish really hard the budget deficit will go away, citizens' names are redacted on their IDs for national security, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians, and fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, citizens' names are redacted on their IDs for national security.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, government officials say that if you close your eyes and wish really hard the budget deficit will go away.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace'.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, whole-wheat loaves can only be ordered on the dark web.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Ransium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the government prides itself on being smug and condescending to idiots.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the recently liberated free press cautiously uses compliment sandwiches to cushion its criticisms of Scipio.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Eryndlynd, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ruinenlust, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Love and Nature, Chan Island, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, The Cypher Nine, Entitize, Fahx, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Wantevolo, Verdant Haven, Vanenia, The Black Forrest, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Tur Ada, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Kinectia, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Jutsa, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Euso, and 46 others.Bregaria, Lura, Cheloboria, Crowacia, The Righteous Order of Youth, Shauls, Rippardine, Murmuria, Salvezia, Palos Heights, Snjor, Blon Gre, Marimoland, Spengland et South Toiwan, Krisylia, Appendia, Oregone, Effazio, Lousykitty, Porth Dunwich, Bilsa, LVK212, Ashrah, Ratulia, Bakwaas, Laplund, Girelna, Wixenstyxia, Middle Barael, Anachronolandia, Burkhai, Pen Blanityion, Groenwald, New Ladavia, Gandenia, Paplia, Atsvea, McClandia Doge 2, Tscharva, Gorthias, Pythaga, North doyooni, New Kvenland, Ertaland, Bestburg, and Talgarth.