The Serene Republic of Sansangra is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Wally Littlebird with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.589 billion Sansangrans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Basaam. The average income tax rate is 90.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Sansangran economy, worth 584 trillion abrazoes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,774 abrazoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention, and the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sansangra's national animal is the parakeet, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Pious Rivalry.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sansangra's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Sansangra, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning.
- : Following new legislation in Sansangra, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention.
- : Sansangra changed its national faith to "Pious Rivalry".
- : Sansangra altered its national flag.
- : Sansangra's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sansangra's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sansangra's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sansangra was refounded in Balder.
- : Sansangra ceased to exist in The East Pacific.