The Free Land of Pytong is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 491 million Pytongians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kamilowo. The average income tax rate is 54.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Pytongian economy, worth 46.1 trillion kapustas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 93,793 kapustas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
All footpaths have tollbooths, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed, citizens have never heard foreign radio, and motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pytong's national animal is the Goldfinch, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts".
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, citizens have never heard foreign radio.
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed.
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, Pytongians seem to be catching more chills.
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, career advisors ask sociopathic orphan girls if they have considered becoming professional assassins.
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in Pytong, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Dome Artan, Ozzie, Federal Republic Of America And The Cari, Kantobliv, Stateazar, Saxemburg, The German Kaiserliche Union, Zenoth, Vastronia, Naasiat Nuna, The Federated Republic of Enschede, Waroklion, Isansland, Corydo, Chad4437457345875353, Neo-Arctica, Meckburgia, Druing, Nausta, Fortuna Union, Prorescia, Red Draconia, Multonia, Carecao, Kongers, We The People Gouvernor, Dreaken, Jdjdjd, Odredlia, Ninrook, Balaii, Empire of Snagon V2, Lucidum, Blurabling, Linckao, Kingdom of Sacento, United Counties of the Midwest, New Alsterdam, Krackovja, The Southeast Earth, La Virtaj Homoj, Coltick, Aureliusk, Neo-0ttoman, Sounia Vock Sillak, Fusco, Drawception, Dusendord, Celestial Myriad Charm, Nova Avaloniastan, and 6 others.S2p1729, Zebruski, Dawnsland, Amir2, 2nd Republic of Spain, and Zemona.