|Leader||President Rodrigo Santillan|
The Honorable Commonwealth of Pekweng is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Rodrigo Santillan with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 15.274 billion Pekwengnians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katherinia. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Pekwengnian economy, worth a remarkable 2,008 trillion Crons a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 131,478 Crons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
No one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, libraries are replacing history books and classic novels with technical manuals and trades directories to match the nation's changing demands, and President Rodrigo Santillan's power is effectively nullified as no bill becomes law without the upper house's support. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pekweng's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pekweng was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Joundia.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, President Rodrigo Santillan's power is effectively nullified as no bill becomes law without the upper house's support.
- : Pekweng endorsed The Fury of Dahom.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, libraries are replacing history books and classic novels with technical manuals and trades directories to match the nation's changing demands.
- : Pekweng was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Pekweng was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Pekweng was endorsed by The Universal Union of Urimel.
Endorsements Received: 92 » Bai Lung, The Empire of Rijelv, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Goodnamesarerare, Axdel, Wiranath, Hizuru, Adolanta, Unger under over, Brotherland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Socialist Holy American Empire, Am Echad, Pakitsk, United China Nation, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, Libertanny, Liberstankonia, Osterreich und Ungarn, The Almighty Country, Grossvietnam, British Calradia, Wanabe, CopyCato, Galve, Plazland, Slys Paws, Talitoa, Eagas, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Riveraland, Rhealaliit, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Someseni, Evrigenis, Rainbow Vests, Ridann, Asendavia, Merlovich, Zukchiva, FreedomIand, and 42 others.Tretrid, Azureano, Ripsylvania, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, The Eternal Land of Jong, Quinto Piano, Wizardonia, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Federated States of Zootron, Greater New Cassandra, Tseriesiscoming, Lanagon, SecularNorth, Harro Waarudho, Propwash, New Leganes, Imprisoned Freeman, Lyontisia, Kucia, Kriov, A mean old man, Elejamie, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Tshana, Headpat Central, Survivoristan, Cellar Doors, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Drunken Seal Islands, The Solar Ottomans, Nifalembria Zamingstan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Coruh, Urimel, Ephem, and Joundia.